THINK OUT OF THE BOX
Fashion forecasting is a process of analysing upcoming trends by predicting colours, fabrics and styles that will be a part of latest collections in the stores. The forecaster works on all categories and variants of the fashion industry.
Haute couture, pret-o-porter or ready-to-wear and street wear or mass market, all can benefit from trend forecasting. It also involves a study of emerging trends in make-up, beauty and cosmetics, to predict a complete look of the season.
Various practices involved in forecasting are:
- Study of various fashion seasons
- As an impact of globalisation, mapping of megatrends by analysing collections at fashion capitals of the world
- Comparative study of current and previous trends
- Identifying the niche market/client/group
- Understanding and analysing the demographic and psycho graphic structure of the targeted market/client/group
- Predicting themes, stories and trends for upcoming season by generating a style and trend report.
Color Trends in Costume Jewelry
The fall fashion trends are ushering in another excellent season for costume jewelry and accessories. Rich colors and bold looks dominate the trend. Teal, amber and amethyst are the important colors with olivine and green used as neutrals. Topaz and peacock are also important and all indications are that rich color will continue into the spring season. Metals are seeing a return to gold, but silver is still stronger. – See more at: http://www.shamaldesigns.com
Traditional Costume Jewelry and Accessories
While costume jewelry in bold designs and rich colors forge the way for leading fashion, there is a larger market that should not be ignored in more traditional and classic looks. Theme jewelry in pendants, earrings, and charm bracelets, watches has an appeal that goes beyond fashion alone because it identifies with what the wearer cares about. There is a major market for these items that will always be present even as fashion changes, see more at http;//www.shamaldesigns.com